Enroll your kids in youth summer camps at UH-Clear Lake
From cooking and wildlife to rockets and art, find engaging summer programs for your kids at University of Houston-Clear Lake to make sure the learning does not end. Registrations are now open.
Art School for Children and Young Adults
Students aged 3 ½ to 18 can work with different types of art media at UHCL's Art School for Children. Whether they like drawing cartoons, Texas art, or sculpture, there are plenty of in-person or virtual sessions to choose from.
Week-long classes start as early June 7 and as late as July 26, depending upon the class. Class times also vary. Prices range $110-$140 and includes all art supplies. Virtual classes cost $40 per household. For more information and to enroll, visit the Art School for Children.
Parents can choose from a variety of camps from UH-Clear Lake's annual Kids U Summer Camps, for students pre-K through 12th grade. Led by UHCL's Center for Educational Programs, camps include character development, early childhood, science, math and technology. Students can also learn how to write their own graphic novel in Literacy Academy, or become a crime scene investigator in Science Camp. For students interested in game design, animation and coding, Kids U offers the Technology Camp at UH-Clear Lake on Bay Area Boulevard and UHCL at Pearland. Get maps and directions.
Classes start June 7 and as late as July 26. The price for each half-day camp is $129. For more information and to register, visit Center for Educational Programs Summer Camps.
Camp Invention®: Recharge! at UHCL Pearland
Spark your kid's creativity and confidence with our new Camp Invention® program, Recharge! Campers in grades K-6 will team up to take on fun, hands-on STEM challenges. Kids can explore solar-powered crickets, create duck-launching devices and more. Each activity is designed to give your young innovator an unforgettable summer experience. The camp is from June 21-25 from 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at UH-Clear Lake at Pearland. The cost is $250.
Visit Camp Invention® online to secure your spot.
Hawk STEAM Academy
Students in grades 6-8 can work in teams and gain hands-on experience as they learn about engineering design, robotics and more at the Hawk STEAM Academy in two week-long sessions:
- Software Engineering and Data Science: June 7-11, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Intro to VR Programming: July 19-23, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Each session costs $300 per student. Register by visiting the Center for Educational Programs Summer Camps online.
Summer Nature Camps
UHCL's Environmental Institute of Houston invites students in grades 1-8 with opportunities for outdoor exploration and wildlife observation in three summer camps:
- Discover Nature Camp is for students entering grades 1-2 to participate in nature walks, gardening, bird watching, fishing, gardening and more. The half-day camp is May 31 - June 3. The cost is $150.
- Citizen Science Camp is for students entering grades 3-5. Camp activities include nature walks, bird watching, fishing, dip-netting, gardening, geocaching, flower pressing and more. The half-day camp runs June 7-10. The cost is $150.
- Hunger Games is for students entering grades 6-8. Learn new skills such as fishing, archery and geocaching, a scavenger hunt using your mobile device's GPS. New for 2021, students will have the opportunity to stay overnight in Hunter Residence Hall, our on-campus residence hall, for movies, volleyball, and dinner. The day camp is June 14-17. The cost is $250 with an additional $30 to stay in Hunter Residence Hall.
For more information or to register, visit EIH's Summer Nature Camps.